Monday, September 7, 2009

Should I Move This Blog To WordPress?

The advantage of Blogger is that I can get a post up faster than at WordPress. The posting interface is less cloggy to my browser (which is Firefox 2.x because of my crap desktop hardware).

Trying to divine reader stats for this blog is a royal pain with Blogger.

Also, paradoxically, I've always found WordPress to be incredible for getting my posts into Google and other search engine results quickly.

Last, I don't like the way photos are handled here. I can never tell how or when Blogger will resize something -- or the why of it, either.

So, I've imported all of this blog into WordPress as a test.

None of the graphics have been imported -- they simply link back to here to for now.

Should I move or not? Comment!

4 comments:

Eoin Purcell said...

move already, blogger is useless! You need to open a new page just to comment!
Eoin

Anonymous said...

move

laura said...

From what I can tell, the only thing keeping you on blogger is the ease of posting. If you've solved your browser issue with Chrome, then it sounds to me like you should move for better visibility and reader stats.

Iris said...

I love Wordpress. It's so customizable. I left Blogger a few years ago and would never go back. If you can afford to register your domain and host it (I use Dreamhost, which has super-easy 1-click WP installation), I highly recommend it. It's nice to have an uncluttered URL.

Love your blog, by the way. You have great ideas for the future of reading.