Monday, April 13, 2009

The CrunchPad: For Home Only?

This weekend I stopped in J&R to see what was new.

I happened upon one of those hp notebooks with a 12"-inch screen that twists around to form a tablet.

Conveniently, someone had already twisted it into a tablet, so all I had to do was pick it up to get a taste of what it would be like to hold that 12"-screened CrunchPad.

Uh... um... it's rather big.

I'm not going to count weight because the CrunchPad won't have the heft of that hp.

The size of it, however, tells me a CrunchPad is something I'd keep at home and not tote around on my shoulder.

Which I really think is the market they're aiming at: couch-surfing.

I'd use it for that as well as reading the ton of free PDF-formatted eBooks that have been sitting on my hard drive.

For $300, it'd be worth it. But if it was $300 for eBook-reading only, I'd go with a Sony Reader.

2 comments:

MoJo said...

Asus EeePC

Mike Cane said...

How many times must I tellz youse you can't haz EeePC?