Friday, November 28, 2008

eBooks: Studying Vs. Reading

This post is from August but the Comment to it raises an important point.

Med Students: Would a College Edition of Kindle be Worth it?

From the Comment:
When I study, I usually have four or five open books in front of me with only a glance needed to go between one of the other, all marked up, with my notes as well. Studying on a Kindle just doesn’t add up to this.

That being said, I would definitely buy such a device for the times when it is really called for, i.e., a long plane flight where you might want to take a few books but don’t want to carry around 25 extra pounds, etc.

He's right. Look at this:

the dual-display ebook reader project



It's been a long time since I had to deal with textbooks, but that Comment brought back memories of -- yep! -- having more than one book open at a time.

Subliminally, perhaps that's why I focus on eBooks for personal entertainment use. It'd really be hell to jump between multiple texts on all current eInk devices.

Of course, Study Tables would be great ...



No comments: